If an applicant is refused access to the scheme or a current member has had their membership revoked then an appeals procedure is in place.
To start this process the applicant should write to:
Head of Environmental Protection
Trading Standards Team
Economy, Planning & Employability Services
1st floor, Kingdom House
- Appeals must be received in writing within 28 days of membership being refused or revoked.
- Appeals will be conducted in writing and may in some cases be conducted by way of a personal hearing.
- Any costs incurred by the applicant throughout the appeal process will be borne solely by the applicant.
- The decision of the Head of Environmental Protection will be binding on all parties concerned, and the findings will be explained to the applicant in writing within 14 days of receipt of the appeal.
- If you are dissatisfied with that decision, you may be able to raise a complaint through Fife Council’s Corporate Complaints Procedure.