Guide To Trading Fairly
10 tips for using a Fife Trusted Trader
- To find a Trusted Trader click 'Find' in the menu above or phone Trading Standards duty officer on 01592 583141.
- If a trader recommended to you from elsewhere claims to be a Fife Trusted Trader, confirm they are members by clicking 'Find' in the menu above or phone Trading Standards duty officer on 01592 583141.
- Before employing any trader, including a Trusted Trader, it’s always sensible to get more than one quote, so you can compare and get a better idea of the going rate for the job.
- When contacting a Trusted Trader, remember to ask if they charge call out or inspection fees for diagnosing a fault. Trusted Traders are in business and are allowed to charge for their time and expertise but any fees should be made clear in advance.
- Be clear about the work you want the Trusted Trader to do for you – put it in writing if necessary. A misunderstanding of exactly what is required can be a common reason things go wrong.
- After the work is completed, your Trusted Trader will give you a feedback form, so you can tell us what you think about them. Don’t be afraid to ask for a form if you aren’t given one.
- When you get a feedback form, please fill it in and send it back. This helps to keep the feedback up to date and helps other customers choose the right Trusted Trader for their needs.
- If you prefer you can give your feedback online. Ask the Trusted Trader to send you a link.
- Don’t let the Trusted Trader you used give feedback on your behalf. We want your views, not theirs.
- If you’ve used a Trusted Trader its unlikely things will go wrong but occasionally they do. If you need consumer advice you can call Consumer Direct Scotland on 03454 04 05 06 or visit citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland to find out what your rights are and how to take action.